Saturday, July 16, 2011

"Lena... cries" and some odds & ends...

"Lena… cries" 5,102 [yellow] words in the done file~ ~~ this King in Yellow tale [loaded w/ hybrid poetics and more than a few in-jokes] was inspired by Lena Griffin and her beguiling cello performances on her CD Extended Gestures For Cello [Hypnos] . . . I’m preparing my new Hippocampus collection, Portraits of Ruin, and this one IS going in it. I’ll be putting up the “ToC” fairly soon . . .
You can find samples of [and buy] Lena's CD here

http://hypnos.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=HOS&Product_Code=hss08&Category_Code=hss

News from S.T. Joshi's blog: Black Wings I: New Tales of Lovecraftian Horror (reprint: Titan Books, March/April 2012) . . . My tale "Engravings" is in this widely-acclaimed anthology.

http://stjoshi.org/
    
We’ve found a cover artist for my novel The Orphan Palace [SEPT 2011 Chomu Press] so there’ll be a cover to show you soon . . .
 
“It is not your business to determine how good it is, nor how valuable it is, nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep open and aware directly to the urges that motivate you.” --Martha Graham.

I shoul
d tape that to the wall over my desk . . .


I reviewed the wonderful short film THE CURSE OF YIG by Paul von Stoetzel for SNS.
http://sheneverslept.com/newsandreviews/archives/5919


No comments:

Post a Comment